Owens Corning® and Left Coast Exteriors work together to implement a system that offers one of the best warranties in the industry, ensuring your piece of mind
At the start of any roofing project is an inspection.
- We start by inspecting the sheathing to determine if it is dry and clean without protrusion and does not require replacement. When replacing sheathing, we use only CDX grade – no wafer board.
- We then verify that ventilation requirements are met for both building codes and roofing material warranty.
- Next, we protect all stressed areas – roof edges, valleys, hips, and pipe penetration with a self-adhesive membrane, followed by a synthetic tear-resistant barrier that Owens Corning will actually guarantee by itself for 6 months.
- We then use a true approved starter rather than just flipping shingles. You need adhesive on the first row of roofing and only a true starter made for the application will provide this protection.
- We engineer every roof to have the proper ventilation. This is critical to make sure you get the life you expect. In most applications we will provide a ridge vent and if needed ventilation at the bottom.
Owens Corning shingles are specifically designed to meet the rigorous demands of our climate here in the Pacific Northwest, therefore choosing Owen’s Corning as our Primary shingle supplier was the right fit in providing incredible color and style options for our customers.